Thursday, May 21, 2009

I thought I saw....

A few days ago, I was sitting at home watching my family go through their daily routine of cleaning, outside activities and eating. It was lunch time and everyone was enjoying a delicious sandwich and salad outside on the deck. My Dad was home and he finally decided to take a break from the yard work. Everyone decided that it would be a good idea to go into town and treat ourselves to some ice cream. I needed to quickly run downstairs and grab my bag containing very important necessities, but before that I finished my sandwich with my family including my father. My dad is a goof, and one of his favorite things to do is to frighten me and my sisters. I walked slowly down the stairs, unaware of what I will encounter on my journey in the basement. I turned the corner, and saw what I thought was my dad. He was obviously going in to my room to hide and then jumping out when I least expected it. So before I walked into my room, I prepared myself, I stayed as quiet as possible and slowly walked into my room... I saw no one. Maybe he was in the closet? He wasn't. Maybe he was behind the door? He wasn't. A shiver went down my back, I thought I saw my dad. Who was that man who walked into my room? All I could do was stand, I didn't move a muscle. Frightened, I tried to calm myself down, and slowly looked around the room. Still nothing was there, so I jumped and ran upstairs as fast as I could. There he was, my dad, sitting there with my family laughing while eating his lunch. To this day I don't know if my imagination was going insane, or I actually did see a ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment